September 26, 2013

The Princess Diary with Laura Osnes

The Princess Diary with Cinderella star Laura Osnes

Laura Osnes, Santino Fontana, and HermanGetting ready for Cinderella(Note: I tried really, really hard to get the formatting right, but Blogger is being really buggy, so if it looks kinda funny, that's why.)

A few weeks after Cinderella opened on Broadway I discovered a video series 
on Broadway.com called The Princess Diary (Not to be confused with The Princess Diaries with Ann Hathaway). Every couple of weeks they'd post a new vlog, hosted by Laura Osnes, and we'd get to see what it's like behind the scenes of a Broadway show. I was so excited when I discovered The Princess Diary, 'cause when I get into a show or movie I'm the type of person that wants to know everything about it. I especially like seeing what the actors are like off camera/stage, so this video series fit the bill perfectly. It's really enjoyable to watch and other than a couple of odd moments, it's perfect. 
Laura Osnes filming The Princess Diary for Broadway.com

But you want to know the best part about the video series? Herman the fish. Yes, the best part of the series is a fish. Laura gave Santino a beta fish on opening night, which sorta became the unofficial mascot for the show. Herman's become pretty famous in the Cinderella world and is loved by many. Seeing Laura chat with him usually the highlight of every video for me. He's very chatty for a fish and is fond of the castle in his bowl. And he really likes Laura's smile.

One of my favorite parts is when Laura and some of the cast are waiting just of the stage waiting for their cue, most off the time during Stepsister's Lament. It seems a lot of the most memorable moments happen there and I think it's neat seeing the performance going on from a backstage perspective. I always end up with Stepsister's Lament stuck in my head after!

Then there was the time when Santino gave Laura a Cinderella puzzle (was it on opening night? I can't remember). Of course the Cinderella in the puzzle had blonde hair, so he colored it in brown, so I would match Laura's hair.


Anyways, I've always been one of those people who watches all the bonus features on a DVD, so being able to see what it's like to put on such a big show and get to "know" the cast really makes me appreciate Cinderella even more. The whole cast is like one big family, and they're always goofing off and having a fun time. And Laura especially seems like such a sweet person. The only bad part is that they finished the series a few weeks ago. *fake sob* I guess that means I'll have to go and re-watch all 15 episodes again.
You can find all of the episodes of The Princess Diary on Broadway.com.


---

Joining in on Celebrate Musicals Week at Yet Another Period Drama Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Laura Osnes looks like a gorgeous Cinderella! And thank you for visiting my blog. :)

    Lady Eowyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen the first in the series, but I LOVED it, so I'm looking forward to more! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely need to watch the rest! They're so fun!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading each and every one.

I try to reply to all comments, so please check the little box that says "Notify Me" or check back to see my reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...