September 14, 2013

Bonjour!

Ribbons Down My Back: Pink Roses

Hi there everyone! I'm Sereina and welcome to my blog, Ribbons Down My Back! Here I'm planning on writing about whatever strikes my fancy, but there are several topics that are bound to pop up more than others which I'll talk about below. 


Food
I've always loved being in the kitchen and baking. Cooking not as much, but I am enjoying it more now than I used to. Since I'm allergic to dairy all of my recipes will be dairy-free and for the present won't have any gluten or sugar. I'll save all the details on that for another post, but I doubt they're will be a shortage of recipes around here!



TV & Movies

Generally the movies I like are filled with humor and/or musical numbers (Singin' in the Rain anyone?), but don't be surprised to see a few action films and period dramas thrown in. When it comes to television, I really enjoy a wide variety of genres, but like with movies, most of them are comedies. Nearly all of the shows I watch are re-runs, like Monk, my all time favorite series, and the classic comedy shows from the 60's will always be a favorite of mine. Recently I finished Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which is now on my favorites, and now I'm working my way to and the Voyager.

Ribbons Down My Back: Chocolate No-Bake Cookies (Paleo)



Crafts

Repainting old frames, scrapbooking some of my favorite memories, embroidering with vintage patterns found online, making ruffle-y headbands. Those are just a few different types of crafting that I've done and my latest thing is watercolors, which I started last month. Hobby Lobby is my favorite craft store and I always come home with some new ideas to try sometime.



Musicals
The dance numbers, the pretty dresses, the catchy lyrics. Those are just some of my favorite things about musicals, both on film and on stage. There are few things better than a classic musical and I've recently been getting into and loving just as much is Broadway musicals. Broadway albums are amazing and even though I've never seen on in person (yet!) I'm always keeping an eye out for new photos and videos from my favorite shows.

Ribbons Down My Back: Sail Away Party on the Disney Wonder
Disney
Having been to Disneyland several times and knowing all the ins and outs of the place, I guess you could call me a Disney Expert. It's not just the parks, but Mickey Mouse, the animated and live action films, and the history behind it all. All the little details, both in the parks and in their films, is what makes the really stand out from everyone else.

Natural Health
After learning about eating real foods I started getting into natural health and beauty. This last year especially I've become really particular about not using products with chemicals in them, which often means making them myself. Not only is that heather, but it's often much less expensive as well.

Ribbons Down My Back: Self-Portraits

So that's basically the most popular topics that I'm planning to blog about here. There's bound to be plenty of randomness, since I'm often quite random myself! To finish off this post, I'll end with some random (see, I told you!) facts about myself:

-I have three younger siblings, two sisters and a brother. 

-I never saw The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, or Singin' in the Rain till I was 16. 

 -This past spring I discovered that I'm allergic to dairy. As of April I also cut sugar out of my diet and right now am testing to see if I'm allergic to gluten. None of that stops me from baking yummy foods that I can eat though! 

-I've been to both Canada and Mexico.

-I've never owned an iPod, although I think I'm going to get an iPod Touch soon.

Ribbons Down My Back: Kitty Paws

-When I was young my dad build a playhouse in our backyard for us kids and I have many fond memories playing in it with my sisters and neighbor.

-Fall is my favorite season.

-I'm a total cat person. We have two cats, Seal Point Siamese brothers, named Kokopelli (Koko for short) and Doji.

-When I was about 10 I discovered Frank Sinatra's music and he's been my very favorite ever since.

-One of my all time favorite movies is The Princess Diaries. My sisters and I watched it all the time after it came out on DVD and it's still just as fun to watch now.

2 comments:

  1. I finally just got a Hobby Lobby in my area! I LOVE that store. They have the best watercolor paper in my opinion. :)

    And Frank Sinatra rocks! Ever since I watched him in the movie "Anchors Aweigh" I have been hooked on him ever since. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never had a Hobby Lobby until a couple years ago, but now it's a favorite. That's actually where I got my watercolor paper from!

      Oooh, I've heard Anchors Aweigh is really good and it's been on my to watch list for ages, but I still haven't seen it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading each and every one.

I try to reply to all comments, so please check the little box that says "Notify Me" or check back to see my reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...