May 26, 2014

Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I

This past Thursday I got to do something I've been wanting to do for a long time now: visit Vancouver, BC! My Grandma is in town and she wanted to do something fun while she was here. We were thinking maybe a ferry ride or something, but after my dad suggested she bring her Passport just in case we head up north we ended up booking a hotel to say the night there. 


We had a fantastic time and ate some of the most amazing food ever. Since my mom, sister, and I are all allergic to gluten (and myself to dairy as well) I did my research ahead of time and found several gluten free places to eat along with a couple that could accommodate it easily. I'll go into more details in another post, but I'll tell you now that my hard work paid off!

And now, let the trip report begin!


The trip began early Thursday morning. I took some obligatory (please don't ask me to say that word out loud. I butcher it every time!) passport photos in the front yard before we left and then we made a quick stop at Fred Meyer where I treated everyone to a Naked drink for the car ride. I also got a small wallet, as mine was a little to big for the purse I was taking.

Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I

 Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I

This is my "Even though I've been out of the country my passport is still empty" face. Granted I've only been to Mexico and Canada, but still.
Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I
 Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I

Then the car ride began!


Selfies durring the car ride are a must.


Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I
Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I

Don't Hit the Pedestrians! - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I


Finally at the border.
Crossing the Border - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I
 Crossing the Border - A Vancouver, BC Trip Report | Part I

Hello, Vancouver!

Okay, so you're probably wondering about the title of this post. Vancouver is a large city, folks, and there are a crazy amount of pedestrians. They're everywhere! Then there's the the regular challenge of driving in the city, one way streets, and all that jazz. It made driving in Seattle sound easy.

Vancouver, BC

Since it was lunch time, our first stop was La Taqueria. It took us forever to find parking (we ended up in a parking garage), but we finally made it to the taco shop.


They were the most delicious tacos I'd ever eaten in my life. Especially that one in the front. Mmmmm.

Gluten-Free Dairy-Free tacos from La Taqueria in Vancouver, BC
  
After lunch we wandered around town (we reaized we didn't really care for Gastown) and before leaving we got a little lost on our way to The Juice Truck, a place I was really looking forward to trying.

Getting lost was worth it. I got the Almost Chocolate Smoothie and it was, hands down, the most delicious drink I've ever had. So good.

The Almost Chocolate Smoothie from The Juice Truck in Vancouver, BC

While devouring my chocolately goodness in the car, we made our way to Stanley Park. This is a large park, with at least a dozen different parking lots throughout, an aquarium, playground, views of the water, etc. It was awesome.

Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC
Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC
Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC

One and two dollar coins are commonly used up in Canada.
Canadian Dollar CoinsStanley Park, Vancouver, BC

And I think I'll end part I here before it gets crazy long!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like ya'll had fun! :) I'm looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading each and every one.

I try to reply to all comments, so please check the little box that says "Notify Me" or check back to see my reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...