March 6, 2014

Modern Minnie | Outfit

Modern Minnie | Ribbons Down My Back
You all know how much I love Disney, so for my birthday today I decided dress with a Minnie Mouse flare. Since discovering the Disney Style Blog I've been inspired to get more creative when wearing my Disney tees and this is my first attempt.
I went with a modern take on my favorite mouse. The black and red has a very Minnie vibe and all ties into the tee. The denim skirt is a recent find that I'm loving.




Modern Minnie | Ribbons Down My Back
Minnie Tee // Disney Store
White Cami // a.n.a. via JCPenney
Denim Skirt // Xhiaration via Goodwill
Black Cardigan // Merona via Target
Red Tights // JCPenney
Black Flats // Dexflex via Payless

Modern Minnie | Ribbons Down My Back
Now to rave about these shoes for a moment. Finding shoes that are comfortable, cute, and affordable has been a huge hassle pretty much my whole life. Flats particularly so as they've always rubbed, leaving me in pain after wearing them for several hours. But the Dexflex flats from Payless? Best flats ever. I bought the silver pair last year and they are amazing and decided I needed a black pair which I got last month.

They've got a lot of good things going for them. They're hands down the most comfortable flats I've ever worn. I've never actually owned a pair of comfortable flats until I discovered these. They're also affordable, which is important to me. They retail for $29.99, but they've always been on sale for less when I've purchased them. Plus they have a lot of cute styles and colors. 

Modern Minnie | Ribbons Down My Back
Tiana said to do a Hilary pose. If you've seen the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air you probably know what I'm talking about. And you'll know that my version is a fail in comparison to the original. But I love this photo anyways. :)

(all photos by my sister Tiana)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I think I need more Disney shirts in my life. :) And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristin! Graphic tees aren't usually my thing, but if you put something Disney on it? Well, that I find mighty hard to resist!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading each and every one.

I try to reply to all comments, so please check the little box that says "Notify Me" or check back to see my reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...