November 21, 2013

Disney Memories


I've had this blog for two months now, yet I haven't posted a thing about one of my favorite topics: Disney.

Ever since I can remember I've liked Disney. When I was little my favorite video tape was The Jungle Book, which I called the "bare necessities". My dad bought several of the original Mickey Mouse cartoons when they released them on DVD, which my sisters and I watched a lot. For my 13th birthday I planned a Mickey Mouse/Disney themed party, including a giant Mickey head cake that used four cake boxes and had mini chocolate chips on the sides.

And those few things just scratch the surface of my fascination with it. The parks, movies, cartoons, the store. I love it all.

If fact it's not just me with a fascination for it, but my whole family. Tiana was obsessed with anything princess when she was little, but especially with Snow White, her favorite princess. Alina and Daniel both love The Lion King more than any other Disney film. And since my dad's always been a big Disneyland fan, it's because of him that we started going to Disneyland.

Disney is just something that I never grew out of and I doubt I ever will. Even now at nearly twenty-years-old (*gasp* When did that happen?!?!) I enjoy it just as much as when I was younger. If fact, I think it's safe to say I love it even more. Just as my mom, she can vouch for acting as excited as a four-year-old every time I go in the Disney Store. There's lots of squealing and hugging Mickey Mouse plushiest involved.


Anyways, all this is to say I'm working on writing a lot more Disney related posts, and since I'll likely refer to past trips, I thought it would be a good idea to give a short little summary of each trip so you hopefully won't feel lost. Let's start from the latest trip and go backwards...





2012
The Mexican Riviera on the Disney Wonder

This was our very first cruise and to say it was magical would be an understatement! It was a 7-night cruise from the Port of LA to Mexico with stops in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. Our grandparents also went with us, so now we never want to cruise without them.

More food than you can eat, live Broadway styled shows every evening, lots of characters to meet, exploring the ship, and amazing dinner servers where just part of a great vacation. Learn to draw Mickey Mouse? I'm in. There were also lots of trivia contests, one of which we won! On the third night I sleep walked and ended up locking myself out of our stateroom at 2am... -_-

2009
Disneyland Resort @ The Disneyland Hotel


Thanks to a special they were having, we were able to splurge and stay at The Disneyland Hotel this trip, which was a special treat! We went with one other family and flew down together the same day.

It was on this trip that I became a fan of The Dapper Dans and rode Space Mountain and California Screamn' for the first time. We didn't know it until we got there, but the water in Paradise Pier was drained, as they were putting in the stuff for World of Color. We also learned about all the big renovations happening at DCA. I get a pair of ears every trip and this time it was the Minnie Mouse headband.

2005
Disneyland Resort @ Carousel Inn
This was one of the most memorable trips as it was during Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Celebration. They actually celebrated the 50th for four or five years, but we went the first week of June, just a month and a half before the official 50th! We went with several other families and spent six days in the parks.

Since it was the 50th, the castle was all decked out, all the characters had fancy outfits and they had an amazing parade and fireworks show. All Disney shows are absolutely the best, but they sure went all out for the 50th! My dad got golden Mickey Ears for the whole family, I got a sorcerer Mickey hat (and I ended up getting a photo with Sorcerer Mickey!), and had two of the best character meals ever.

2001
Disneyland Resort @ Unknown
Since I was seven, this was the first trip I really remembered. It was also a big trip since California Adventure had been open less than a month, so there was a whole new park to explore. Tiana got to meet Snow White, which was a big thing for her, and. I remember saying up late at the park with just my dad, eating a churro, and going to Toontown (where I bought a Minnie hat) and going to Tomorrowland. One of the highlights was when we were having lunch at Goofy's Kitchen and Donald Duck came and visited. Alina was only three or so at the time and all she wanted to do was skip lunch and go straight to ice cream. Then Donald came and started feeding her, along with myself and my cousin.

1998
Disneyland @ The Fairfield Inn
My very first trip to Disneyland, which honestly I'm not sure what I actually remember as I've watched the home video and photos so many times. All I know is really loved the lollipop I got that was as big as my head. Even at such a young age I loved the Tea Cups, which is still my favorite today. I was pretty much terrified of the characters (yet now I'm obsessed with meeting them. Ha!) and scared to ride even the carousel, but I eventually warmed up to it.

---

Every trip (except maybe the first) we spent six days in the park. All of the trips were about the first week of June. We like to stay at one of the Good Neighbor hotels right across the street, which makes it easy to walk to and from the parks each day.

And that's just a short list of the fun stuff we've done each trip. I have so many memories that I could easily write a book. And that just reminded me of how in '09 my Dad and I were in line one late evening for Big Thunder Mountain. One of the Cast Members who picks up the trash passed by and told me "nice ears!". 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Disney too. This post makes me long to go back to Disneyland! It seems like far too long since I've been there. I loved seeing all the pictures and reading about your different trips!(:

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! I knew you liked Disney (I can thank Pinterest for that. ;) ), but didn't know you'd been to Disneyland, so that's neat to know!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading each and every one.

I try to reply to all comments, so please check the little box that says "Notify Me" or check back to see my reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...