October 30, 2013

Ginger Cookies

Ginger Cookies {Paleo} - Gluten, sugar, and dairy free

Although my mom and brother love it, I don't care for pumpkin. I know how much everyone seems to love it, but I've never been a fan, so ginger is my favorite fall flavor. Back before my food allergies, I had this amazing ginger snap recipe that I loved, and since gingersnaps are one of my favorite types of cookies I set out to find a Paleo one. After looking at several recipes via Google I settled on these ginger cookies from The Detoxinista. Along with being sugar, dairy, and gluten free they also use any eggs, therefore they're that perfect recipe to make when you feel like baking but just happen to be all out of eggs. I've made them a couple times now and modified them a tad to fit my taste. One batch makes around 15 cookies, so if you have any ginger lovers in your house they're not going to last long!

Ginger Cookies {Paleo} - Gluten, sugar, and dairy free

Ginger Cookies
modified from The Detoxinista

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
1/4 pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.

2. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.

3. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using rounded sized tablespoons of dough, roll into balls and flatten slightly into disks.

4. Bake for 8 minutes, or until firm around the edges but soft in the middle. You can also cook them a little longer for a more crispy cookie. Let cool 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I really enjoy reading each and every one.

I try to reply to all comments, so please check the little box that says "Notify Me" or check back to see my reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...